The 2018 Arizona State Championship will take place on June 16th the Phoenix College located at 1202 W. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85013
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition will offer Kids, Juveniles, Adult (Male and Female), and Masters Divisions.
Registration Fee before FRIDAY 05/25/2018
- Kids (4-15) – $68
- Adults (16 and up) – $78
Registration Fee SATURDAY 05/26/2018 to FRIDAY 06/8/2018
- Kids (4-15) – $78
- Adults (16 and up) – $88
All registrations must be received by Friday, June 8th by 11:59 pm. Registration will be closed when it reaches 800 competitors.
SPECTATOR FEES: Saturday $10 (ages 12 and under is FREE)
Attention parents, your child’s registration does not include the spectator fee
REGISTRATION HAS REACHED CAPACITY.
- Early Registration Deadline: FRIDAY 05/25/2018 at 11:59 pm local time (Arizona)
- Athlete Registration Deadline: FRIDAY 06/08/2018 at 11:59 pm local time (Arizona)
- Competitor List Release: SATURDAY 06/09/2018
- Athlete Correction Deadline: MONDAY 06/11/2018 at 9:00 pm local time (Arizona)
- Schedule Release: THURSDAY 06/14/2018
- Brackets Release: FRIDAY 06/15/2018
- Tournament: SATURDAY 06/16/2018
- Tournament Starts at 9AM!
If you have any questions on this tournament please email email@example.com or leave a voicemail toll free 855-490-8880.
- If you are alone on your bracket you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org till Monday June 11th at 9pm (AZ) and request a change on your registration. GD Events does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved to will have another competitor at the day of the event.
Don’t forget to mark down the options:
- Willing to move down age group (Masters only)
- Willing to move up age group (Kids and Juvenile only)
- Willing to move up weight (Available to all competitors)
- Willing to move up to move up to yellow belt (kids grey belt only)
- Willing to move up to male division (Female Kids K1 to Pre-Teen 2)
Adults Division – The tournament is single elimination. Medals will be awarded to the 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place of each division. Athletes will not compete for the third place. Two bronze medals will be given.
Kids Division –This is a single elimination tournament, but if the child loses in the semi-final, they will compete again. Top 4 are guaranteed on the podium. CLICK HERE TO READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON KIDS DIVISIONS.
The top 5 schools in the Adult and Kids division will receive team trophies.
Before his/her first fight, the athlete will check his/her weight with the Gi. There is only one opportunity to check the weight. If the competitor does not make his/her weight, they will be immediately disqualified. Please make sure that you are in the correct weight division. You can not change divisions, if you do not make your designated division. No changes will be accepted in the tournament day, no refund.
Athletes who placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd are eligible to register for the Open Class bracket.
How to register?
The athletes who are willing to register for the open class may do so at the event’s open class registration table. Athletes must register in Open Class within 15 minutes after receiving their medal awards.
Athletes will receive a complimentary event t-shirt which they should pick up at the event. All shirts must be picked up at the event’s shirt booth. GD Events is not responsible for shipping forgotten t-shirts.
Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All competitors must wear the gi on the podium. All the medals must be picked up at the event’s podium. GD Events is not responsible for shipping medals.
Each team can only have two athletes in the same division bracket (of age/weight/belt). If your team has more than 2 athletes in the same division, the professor needs to email email@example.com prior to professor’s correction deadline in order to create different teams for the same academy. This rule does not prevent you from registering for the event.
GD Events reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification (ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to be knowledgeable of the rules and guidelines pertaining to the sport (as outlined in the IBJJF Rules Book).
- This tournament is organized by the GD Events in partnership with the Arizona State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation.
June 16th, 2018
7:30 AM – doors open
9:00 AM – 4 to 15 years old (Kids)
1:45 PM – 16 and up (Juvenile to Masters)
Final Schedule Release: THURSDAY 06/15/2018