The 2017 Arizona State Championship will take place on June 24th at Phoenix College (North Gym) located at 1202 W. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85013.
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition will offer Kids, Juveniles, Adult (Male and Female), and Masters Divisions.
IMPORTANT: This will be a ONE-DAY tournament.
Registration Fee before FRIDAY 06/02/2017
- Kids (4-15) – $60
- Adults (16 and up) – $70
Registration Fee after FRIDAY 06/2/2017
- Kids (4-15) – $70
- Adults (16 and up) – $80
All registrations must be received by Friday, June 16th by 11:59 pm. Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions. Registration will be closed when it reaches 800 competitors. Registration for Juveniles, Adults, Masters, seniors, and Women.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
Exemption: Athletes who are alone in their bracket are eligible to receive a full refund of the registration fee if they email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to withdraw their name from the competition prior to the end of the appointed event registration check day.
SPECTATOR FEES: Saturday $10
Early Registration Deadline: FRIDAY 06/02/2017 at 11:59 pm local time (Arizona)
Athlete Registration Deadline: FRIDAY 06/16/2017 at 11:59 pm local time (Arizona)
Competitor List Release: SATURDAY 06/17/2017
Athlete Correction Deadline: TUESDAY 06/20/2017 at 9:00 pm local time (Arizona)
Schedule Release: THURSDAY 06/22/2017
Brackets Release: FRIDAY 06/23/2017
Tournament: SATURDAY 06/24/2017
NEW SCHEDULE: Starts at 9AM!
All registrations must be received by Friday, June 16th by 11:59 pm. Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
Attention parents, your child’s registration does not include the spectator fee
Black Belts Compete for FREE*! Apply promo code code “blackbelt” to get free registration.
*Competitors must provide valid IBJJF Black Belt ID Card in order to sign up. Please contact email@example.com for more info. Before each match, Black Belts will be asked to show their valid IBJJF Card to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand. Any false information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, may lead to immediate disqualification.
Adults Division – The tournament is single elimination. Medals will be awarded to the 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place of each division. Athletes will not compete for the third place. Two bronze medals will be given.
Kids Division – Every competitor will receive a 4? medal. This is a single elimination tournament, but if the child loses in the semi-final, they will compete again. Top 4 are guaranteed on the podium. CLICK HERE TO READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON KIDS DIVISIONS.
The top 5 schools in the Adult and Kids division will receive team trophies.
If you have any questions on this tournament please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 855-490-8880.
- Athletes will receive a complimentary event t-shirt which they should pick up at the event. All shirts must be picked up at the event’s shirt booth. GD Events is not responsible for shipping forgotten t-shirts.
- Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All competitors must wear the gi on the podium. All the medals must be picked up at the event’s podium. GD Events is not responsible for shipping medals.
- Each team can only have two athletes in the same division bracket (of age/weight/belt). If your team has more than 2 athletes in the same division, the professor needs to email email@example.com prior to professor’s correction deadline in order to create different teams for the same academy. This rule does not prevent you from registering for the event.
- If you are alone on your bracket you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org till Tuesday June 20th at 9pm (AZ) and request a change on your registration. GD Events does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved to will have another competitor at the day of the event.
Don’t forget to mark down the options:
Willing to move down age group (Masters only)
Willing to move up age group (Kids and Juvenile only)
Willing to move up weight (Available to all competitors)
Willing to move up to move up to yellow belt (kids grey belt only)
Willing to move up to male division (Female Kids K1 to Pre-Teen 2)
- GD Events reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
- Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification (ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.