The 2017 Masters Cup will take place on December 2nd at the Phoenix College 1202 W. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85013
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition is limited to competitors over 30 years old. Masters 1, 2 & 3 Divisions (Gi only) will be offered.
- Before Friday 11/10: $78
- Saturday 11/11 to Friday 11/24: $88
- Spectator fees are: $10
All registrations must be received by Friday, November 24th by 11:59 pm.
$2000 total MONEY PRIZE for the Male Black Belts Master 1, 2 and 3 Open class winners! Also Female Black Belt Master 1 Open class winner! (*$500 per division)
• ATHLETE MUST COMPETE AT LEAST ONE MATCH IN THE OPEN CLASS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE MONEY PRIZE.
Early Registration Deadline: FRIDAY 11/10/2017 at 11:59 pm local time (Arizona)
Athlete Registration Deadline: FRIDAY 11/24/2017 at 11:59 pm local time (Arizona)
Competitor List Release: SATURDAY 11/25/2017
Athlete Correction Deadline: TUESDAY 11/28/2017 at 9:00 pm local time (Arizona)
Schedule Release: THURSDAY 11/30/2017
Brackets Release: FRIDAY 12/01/2017
Tournament: SATURDAY 12/02/2017
The tournament starts at 10AM. Final schedule will be available on Thursday November 30th.
The tournament is single elimination. Medals will be awarded to the 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place of each division. Athletes will not compete for the third place. Two bronze medals will be given.
The top 5 schools will receive team trophies.
If you have any questions on this tournament please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail message at 855-490-8880.
- Athletes will receive a complimentary event t-shirt which they should pick up at the event. All shirts must be picked up at the event’s shirt booth. GD Events is not responsible for shipping forgotten t-shirts.
- Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All competitors must wear the gi on the podium. All the medals must be picked up at the event’s podium. GD Events is not responsible for shipping medals.
- Each team can only have two athletes in the same division bracket (of age/weight/belt). If your team has more than 2 athletes in the same division, the professor needs to email email@example.com prior to professor’s correction deadline in order to create different teams for the same academy. This rule does not prevent you from registering for the event.
- If you are alone on your bracket you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org until Tuesday November 28th at 9pm (AZ) and request a change on your registration. GD Events does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved to will have another competitor at the day of the event.
Don’t forget to mark down the options:
Willing to move down age group
Willing to move up weight
- Matches may start 30 minutes in advance. Athletes should be in the warm up area at least 40 minutes prior to the time assigned for his or her division on the schedule.
Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification (ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.
December 2nd, 2017
8:30 AM – Doors open
10:00 AM – Competition begins
Final Schedule Release: THURSDAY 11/28/2017